- Preheat oven to 160°C (320°F)
- Take 2 of the lemons & slice into 12 round slices
- Lay one sheet of baking paper & brush with some of the olive oil, and then in the center, lay 4 slices of lemon. Mix the sliced fennel & onion, lay ¼ of the fennel onion mix on top of the lemons then place the salmon on top of that.
- Scatter on or around the salmon 4 cherry tomato ½'s & 2 basil leaves ripped & scattered over the salmon. Season the salmon.
- Fold paper over to enclose filling. Fold or crimp the edges to seal by starting from one end of the folded envelop to the other. Place on a large baking tray.
- Repeat the envelope process for the remaining salmon fillets & place on the tray.
- Bake for 7-8 minutes or until salmon is just cooked through.
- While waiting for the salmon to cook, juice & finely zest the remaining lemon & mix with the remaining olive oil & season. This can be used to dress the salmon directly after the envelope has been opened.
- The best way to serve this dish is to allow those eating the salmon to rip open the envelope at the table to enjoy the aromas as the steam escapes.
- Optional - serve with new season potatoes and salad leaves.
About the Chef
New Zealand King Salmon is renowned for its exceptional flavour and for being naturally high in the healthy Omega-3 oil. As a travelling ambassador for New Zealand cuisine I am proud to prepare and showcase our farmed salmon, which due to our isolation and rigorous farming practices is naturally free from ...