Serves: 4 (serve in cocktail glasses)
Method - Mayonnaise
- Combine ingredients and mix well. Store in a sealed container and put in the refrigerator for a few hours to allow flavours to infuse.
Method - Sorbet
- Puree tomatoes in a blender or food processor.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the blender and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve, before putting into an ice-cream machine.
- Freeze according to machine instructions. Store in the freezer until ready to use.
- Using a fork, flake the salmon into chunky pieces.
- In a bowl, gently combine the lemon mayonnaise with the flaked steamed salmon.
- Equally portion the shredded lettuce and egg between four cocktail glasses.
- Add the dressed salmon and top with a scoop of tomato sorbet.
- Garnish with 6 capers each & a lemon wedge.
Sorbet - This dish works well with or without the sorbet. If you don't have an ice-cream machine the sorbet mixture can be poured into a shallow tray & frozen. Before it is completely frozen solid, use a fork to scrape the mixture to produce what the Italians call "granite" or a very course form of the churned sorbet. The flavour profile remains the same however the texture is course & will not ball like sorbet, but can be sprinkled on top of the cocktail.
About the Chef
New Zealand King Salmon is renowned for its exceptional flavour and for being naturally high in the healthy Omega-3 oil. As a travelling ambassador for New Zealand cuisine I am proud to prepare and showcase our farmed salmon, which due to our isolation and rigorous farming practices is naturally free from ...