New Zealand King Salmon roulade
Serves 30 as a canapé
|375gms (13oz)||New Zealand King Salmon, cold smoked slices|
|400gms (14oz)||Cream Cheese|
|45gms (1.5oz)||Capers, chopped|
|15gms (0.5oz)||Lemon, zested|
|20mls (0.7oz)||Lime juice|
|To Taste||Salt and pepper|
|60gms (2oz)||Dill to garnish|
|60gms (2oz)||Bagel crumbs, toasted|
- In a bowl, combine the cream cheese, capers, lime juice and lemon zest. Season to taste with salt and pepper and set aside.
- On a large sheet of plastic wrap, place half of the smoked salmon in a 20x30cm rectangle. Using a spatula gently spread half the cream cheese mixture over the salmon.
- Roll the salmon up, using the plastic wrap to assist you, to form a roll approximately 30cm long. Repeat the process with the remaining ingredients, using another sheet of plastic wrap.
- Wrap the rolls tightly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until they are firm to the touch.
- Remove the plastic wrap and coat each roll with chopped dill. Slice into 30 pieces about 1.5 cm thick. Set aside.
- Garnish with a salad of micro greens and toasted bagel crumbs.