New Zealand King Salmon Grilled Ochazuke
For 4 Servings
|8x3oz (85gms)||New Zealand King Salmon|
|To Taste||Kosher Salt|
|To Taste||White pepper, freshly ground|
|1 Tbsp||Bacon fat, rendered|
|1/4 Cup||White Onion, peeled and diced|
|1 Cup||Raw Corn, cut from cob|
|1/4 Cup||Bacon, chopped and fried|
|3 Cups||White Rice, cooked|
|1/2 Cup||Scallions, shaved|
|2 Tbsps||Pickled Ginger|
|2 Tbsps||Kizami Nori, dried sliced seaweed|
|1 Cup||Green Tea, brewed|
|1 to 2 Tbsps||Shoyu/Soy|
- Grill salmon to medium rare.
- Reserve, keeping hot.
- Combine onion and bacon fat in skillet over medium heat; sauté until onion is translucent.
- Add corn and continue cooking until just al dente.
- Add bacon and toss together.
- Place rice in large bowl, add onion, corn and bacon toss.
- Add 1/4 cup scallions and season.
- Divide rice mix among shallow bowls.
- Place cooked salmon filets on top.
- Garnish with pickled ginger, Kizami Nori and remaining scallions.
- Pour hot green tea on top of fish.
- Drizzle shoyu around bowl.
- Serve immediately.