New Zealand Pacific Oysters with edamame, carrot & seaweed salad & soy sake dressing
Makes 12 portions
||New Zealand Pacific Oysters - half shell
Ingredients - Salad
||Shelled Edamame beans
||Sea Lettuce (see Chefs note)
||Carrot – fine julienne
||Spring Onion – finely diced
||Daikon (Japanese Radish) – fine julienne
Ingredients - Dressing
||Fresh Ginger (Peeled & Grated)
||Fresh Garlic (Grated)
Ingredients - Soy Sponge
- Remove the oysters from the shell & place in a bowl. Lightly dress the oysters with a small amount of dressing.
- Using suitable serving dishes, place even amounts of the dressed salad into the dishes, place one oyster on each of the dishes.
- Place a small amount of the soy sponge on each of the oyster dishes.
- Serve immediately.
Method - Salad
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl & toss with dressing.
Method - Dressing
- Combine all the dressing ingredients & allow to steep for approx 1 hour, use as required.
Method - Soy Sponge
- Hydrate the gelatine in 100mls of cold water till soft.
- Bring the remaining water & soy to the boil & add to the gelatine.
- Pour into a bowl & using electric beaters or a whisk, whip the mixture over icy water till it foams & begins to set. Pour into a container & chill till completely set. Serve as required.
Prosciutto can be substituted with quality belly bacon or even ham. Poaching maintains the moisture & plumps the oyster up slightly – the crumble is a tasty colorful option that also offers texture.