New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussel Yakitori
Makes 12 canapés
|12||New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussels- half shell|
|12||Bamboo skewers (soaked in water to prevent burning)|
Ingredients - Tare/Yakitori Glaze
|3 tablespoons||Soy Sauce|
Method - Tare/Yakitori Glaze
- Combine all ingredients until sugar is dissolved.
- Use a basting brush to glaze the mussels.
- Remove the mussels from the shell.
- Cut 12 strips of nori (big enough to wrap around the mussel twice).
- Wrap the bottom half of the mussel with the nori & then skewer with the pre-soaked bamboo sticks.
- Grill the mussels over a grill/BBQ/Yakitori grill or hot coals, basting them lightly with the Tare/Yakitori Glaze. Turn them regularly to prevent them burning. They will only take approx 1-2 minutes to cook through depending on the heat of the grill.
- When cooked place the mussels on a suitable serving dish & baste them one more time before serving.
- Serve with a dipping bowl of the remaining Tare/Yakitori Glaze & some lemon wedges.