New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussels with Dynamite Sauce
Makes 24 portions
|24||New Zealand Greenshell™ Mussels - half shell|
|3/4 cup||Kewpie Mayonnaise (Japanese mayonnaise)|
|1 teaspoon||Sriracha (chilli sauce)|
|1 tablespoon||Flying fish roe|
- Pre-heat your broiler/grill to 180 °C / 350 °F.
- To prepare the sauce combine the kewpie mayonnaise and Sriracha. Taste here. For a hotter sauce, add a little more Sriracha. For a milder sauce, add a few squirts of Kewpie mayo. Add the flying fish roe and stir slowly to distribute evenly into the sauce.
- Spoon the sauce over each mussel. Allow just enough to cover the meat completely.
- Place the mussels under the broiler/grill to cook. Check frequently and rotate the tray occasionally to even out the browning and compensate for hot spots.
- Cook until the sauce bubbles and turns golden brown with a few dark spots forming. The total cooking time should not exceed 15 minutes. Serve immediately